Depression is a mood disorder that can affect all areas of a person’s life. It can leave you feeling isolated, exhausted, immobilized, and hopeless. I want for you to know that things can change. There is hope. There is a way out.
Counseling for Depression
WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
The following is a list of symptoms someone may experience if they are experiencing a depressive episode.
- You may feel down or have a depressed mood.
- You may feel you have less energy than you used to.
- You may find that you don’t get as much enjoyment from things you used to enjoy.
- It may be more difficult for you to concentrate.
- You may feel tired all the time.
- You may experience insomnia or hypersomnia.
- You may have less of an appetite.
- You may have lower self-esteem and self-confidence.
- You experience feelings of guilt or worthlessness.
- You may notice a loss of libido.
- You may have increased thoughts of death.
- You may have suicidal thoughts.
TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION
Different factors contribute to depression, including social, biological, and psychological factors. I look at each of these factors in treating depression. I do not use so-called “manualized” treatment, but instead tailor counseling to each individual client, based on their unique story and unique needs.
For some clients, a combination of therapy and medication can be the best course of action.